Compile markup files (Markdown and YAML) into an html document.
“Because sometimes WYSIWIG is not WYW.”
Muwu was created in response to dissatisfaction with commercial word processors, particularly the poor support for exporting to HTML.
Muwu starts with the outline.
- Easy to rearrange your project.
- Develop your project using smaller, manageable files.
- Organize your project to your needs.
- Use your favorite text editor!
Muwu can make a table of contents.
- Hyperlink your document.
- Automatic section numbering.
Muwu reads Markdown.
- Simple syntax.
- Focus on the text now, save the formatting for later!
Muwu reads Haml.
- Just in case Markdown isn’t enough.
Muwu reads YAML.
- Simple syntax for the project outline, project metadata, and project options.
Muwu writes HTML5 and CSS3.
- Flexible rendering for screen and print media.
- Does not use inline
- Semantic markup.
Maybe you don’t know the page size for which a work will be destined. Maybe there is no page. Maybe a project is still deep in development, and it’s too soon to be thinking about fonts, formatting, margins, spacing, and styles. Maybe what-you-see-is-what-you-get is not what you want.
- Page breaks in print media are difficult to control using CSS.
- Citations and footnotes are not currently supported.
- Outline and filenames use only word characters from the English character set.
License and Disclaimer
- Muwu is licensed for use under the GNU GPLv3.
- Muwu is provided as-is, with absolutely no guarantees or warranties.
© 2020 Eli Harrison